We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our Business Intelligence team. You’ll be joining a fast changing organisation, managing requirements and helping us answer the “big questions” about our complex and ever-changing datasets. You’ll enjoy learning; particularly discovering new tools and methodologies.
What will you be doing?
- Consolidating multiple data silos / raw data into valuable insights to help drive growth.
- Bringing expertise, ideas and knowledge to drive improvements and a deeper understanding of our telemarketing and operational systems.
- Bringing imaginative solutions to problems / blockers effecting business decisions around the use of telemarketing and operational data.
- Implementing BI strategies for improving the acquisition, management and manipulation of data feeding into telemarketing systems for the maximum returns.
- Establishing and maintaining a network of stakeholders across the business to drive the use of information.
- Proactively responding to business challenges and identifying opportunities to drive value from insight data.
- Identifying and articulating the new capabilities required to deliver advanced data insights.
What skills / experience do you need?
- Experience of implementing new analytics capability and developing supporting processes.
- Highly analytical at interpreting data and providing strategic business recommendations.
- The ability to sift and analyse data from multiple angles, looking for trends that highlight problems or opportunities.
- The ability to present / demonstrate findings to stakeholders alongside the presentation / formation of suggestions for improvements.
- Experience of extracting and manipulating data on SQL Server from multiple silos.
- The ability to create Reports, Dashboards and Models.
- The ability to use Excel for Analysis and other Applications / frameworks for Deep Analysis.
- Experience of Machine Learning such as Weka / Azure is desirable.
- Experience with transformation and manipulation of datasets, traditional DBMS tools and big data frameworks like Azure HDInsight.
- We’d expect you to be comfortable with scripting languages like Python, R, Hive and Matlab.
- You’ll also be experienced with machine learning and modelling including assisted learning, clustering and regression.
- Knowledge of tool sets like Azure MLS would be a bonus.
- Qualified for degree level in Statistics, Maths, Business Administration or Computer Science, alternatively with a very strong proven track record of delivery.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Salary of up to £55,000 dependent on experience
- On the job training
- Casual dress
- Companywide incentives including free lunches, £500 vouchers and more
- Team social and charity events outside of work
- Working for the winners of The 2017 Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For. We were voted top for leadership, wellbeing, fair deal, giving something back and the connection staff have with the company
If you want to love your job and the people you work with apply today. You’ll not find anywhere else like it.
4Com plc is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com plc will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.