Help us shape the future of telecoms as a Unified Communications Engineer. We have and continue to turn the telecoms world on its head. We’ve developed unique products and services which have seen excellent growth and interesting work and challenges appear. As we move into the next phase of our plan, we’re looking for a Unified Communications Engineer to join us at our Head Office in central Bournemouth.
Why Join Us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- An annual training budget of £4,000
- Agile working, including flexi hours & a day per week to work from home
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (38 incl. bank holidays)
- High spec mobile phone of your choice
- Weekly free team breakfast or lunch on us
We are a fast growing tech company and it’s a great bunch of people to work with. The culture is supportive, relaxed and high-trust. We have great new offices in central Bournemouth, casual dress, a fully stocked fridge with food and drink and host events for the Bournemouth digital community.
What would I be doing?
- Maintenance and in-life changes to existing UC and Network infrastructure.
- Providing 2nd/3rd line support to customers
- Proactive monitoring of the platform core network and customer networks
- Development, Deployment, Integration and Testing of new Network, Voice and Video products and services.
- Diagnosing and Debugging of service/system issues to identify causes and solutions in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Engineering and Development teams in line with your responsibilities.
- Responsible to perform all the duties of the role on an “as needed” basis to ensure SLA’s and customer expectations are met.
- Develop documentation related to services, procedures and processes.
- Liaise with Suppliers and Third Parties.
And what do I need?
- Good Understanding of Voice and Data Networks.
- Good understanding of various Voice and Video protocols.
- Good understanding of Unified Communications platforms in general.
- Experience in working on various SME routers and networking gear like DrayTeks, Cisco, Netgear etc.
- Experience with Linux, Broadworks, Broadsoft, Wireshark and SIP would be beneficial
4com have recently moved to a new office in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com technologies is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.