4Com are developing a range of industry leading products which will change 4Com’s position in the marketplace and the business telephone industry. This role plays a pivotal part in being part of the future of 4Com. Every day will bring new challenges, we want our staff to bring fresh ideas, relish new challenges and push boundaries.
We are looking for a Tester to work within our Agile development environment, creating enterprise systems and end of line business applications.
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- Salary up to £40,000.
- An annual training budget of £4,000 (Anything from subscriptions to international conferences).
- Flexible working (core hours 10-3) and the option to work from home.
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (38 incl bank holidays).
- High spec smart phone and laptop.
- Private medical for you and family after 1-year service.
- Pension, death in service, cycle to work scheme, charity work, free drinks and free fruit.
What would I be doing as a Tester?
- Writing and maintaining tests and strategies across multiple software products.
- Working face to face with the development team and business analysts to take user requirements and produce test scenarios.
- Working with other Testers towards a consistent testing framework that works across a range of software products and technologies.
- Creating and maintaining suitable test environments.
- Reporting test results and managing defects.
- Proactively working with the development team.
- Testing failover scenarios.
- Perform functional and non-functional automated testing.
- Running manual tests when required and attempting to recreate end user reported defects.
And what do I need?
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience in test automation is an advantage, ideally using languages such as C# or Java.
- Experience in automating tests using automation tools such as Specflow, Selenium (or other).
- Experience in creating and maintaining test plans.
- Be able to hit the ground running and be proactive in exploring new techniques and new ways of working.
- A positive attitude with the ability to work well within our development teams.
- Great communication and organisational skills with a natural problem-solving mindset.
4Com Technologies are based in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com Technologies are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com Technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.