Help us shape the future of telecoms as a Tester (Bournemouth or Remote)
We are looking for a Tester to work within our Agile development environment, creating enterprise systems and end of line business applications.
Why Join us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry for Test Analysts, the benefits that make us stand out are:
- An annual training budget of £4,000
- Salary of up to 40K
- Agile working, including flexi hours & a day per week to work from home or work remotely.
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (38 incl bank holidays)
- High spec laptop and iPhone/Google/Samsung phone
- Weekly free team breakfast or lunch
We are a fast-growing tech company and it’s a great bunch of people to work with. The culture is supportive, relaxed and high-trust. We have great new offices in central Bournemouth, casual dress, a fully stocked fridge with food and drink and host events for the Bournemouth digital community.
What would I be doing as a Tester?
- Writing and maintaining tests and strategies across multiple software products
- Working face to face with the development team and business analysts to take user requirements and produce test scenarios
- Working with other Testers towards a consistent testing framework that works across a range of software products and technologies
- Creating and maintaining suitable test environments
- Reporting test results and managing defects
- Proactively working with the development team
- Testing failover scenarios
- Perform functional and non-functional automated testing
- Running manual tests when required and attempting to recreate end user reported defects
And what do I need?
- Experience in an agile environment
- Experience in test automation is an advantage, ideally using languages such as C# or Java
- Experience in automating tests using automation tools such as Specflow, Selenium (or other)
- Experience in creating and maintaining test plans
- Be able to hit the ground running and be proactive in exploring new techniques and new ways of working
- A positive attitude with the ability to work well within our development teams
- Great communication and organisational skills with a natural problem-solving mindset
4com are based in brand new offices in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com technologies is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.