Help us shape the future of Telecoms as a Software Development Director.
Without the skills of our in-house product team, our telephony game-changing innovations like HiHi2 and Connect2 wouldn’t have been possible. At 4Com, we develop pioneering products and services to give every one of our customers the communication experiences they will love – whenever and wherever they want. Every day will bring new challenges, we want our staff to bring fresh ideas, relish new challenges and push boundaries.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Software Development Director can express their enthusiasm and passion for software / product delivery at the highest level, ensuring the software product team are at the heart of 4Com’s ongoing success.
Why join us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- A competitive salary.
- An annual training budget of £4,000 (Anything from subscriptions to international conferences).
- Flexible working and the option to work from home.
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (38 incl bank holidays).
- High spec smart phone and laptop.
- Private medical for you and family after 1-year service.
- Pension, death in service, cycle to work scheme, charity work, free drinks and free fruit.
- Setting and implementing the strategic direction for software and product delivery.
- Driving innovation, and ensuring we allow our teams to thrive in a fast paced, technology focused organisation.
- Promoting a customer and quality first approach to everything we do.
- End to end accountability for our many products, ensuring commercial viability whilst ensuring time, cost and quality objectives are met.
- Leading a multi-disciplined team of ~ 40 highly skilled individuals.
- Identifying and promoting partnerships with strategic third parties.
- Timely engagement and reporting across stakeholders.
- A proactive approach to risk management.
- You are a strategic thinker, with experience of driving change across an organisation.
- A strong communicator, with an ability to motivate and enthuse multiple technical teams, whilst also being able to engage with your C-Suite peers.
- You will have managed significant programmes of works across multiple products and teams, setting clear and concise targets.
- A hands-on approach to performance management and coaching, with excellent talent management skills. Our culture is to nurture our talented colleagues and ensure they can deliver their best.
- Significant exposure to software development practices and methodologies, ideally with experience in operating remote teams and individuals.
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- You will be an expert in various product development methodologies, and be able to roll your sleeves up and help when the team need support.
4Com Technologies are based in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com Technologies are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com Technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.