We are 4Com; an award-winning, market-leading telecoms company currently going through an exciting period of growth. We are seeking an experienced, motivated Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the team.
As part of the IT Team at 4Com, you will be key in helping the team to provide cloud and on-premises infrastructure support across all areas of the business, working closely with other teams in the Technical Operation and Development departments. Our team members play a big part in delivering new and improved solutions by acting as a technical resource or helping drive change through projects.
Benefits for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer choosing to work with 4Com include:
- Competitive salary of up to £50,000.
- An exciting role with future progression opportunities.
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays (Increasing by 1 day each year)
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Company pension.
In return for this we are looking for someone who:
- Holds strong technical knowledge of Microsoft 365 platforms and services ideally SharePoint, Teams, End Point Manager Suite, Defender for Endpoint, Data Loss Prevention, Azure Active Directory and related core services.
- Has previous experience in a similar role, ideally an SME in a medium to large sized organisation or Managed Service Provider.
- Is highly organised with excellent communication skills who is comfortable liaising with stakeholders.
- Can drive the modernisation of internal IT services and processes utilising the Microsoft Cloud.
- Has experience of Windows Azure for IAAS, PAAS and SAAS.
- Strong automation via Powershell or similar scripting languages.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable liaising with stakeholders.
- Effective time and project management skills.
- Understanding of IP networks, VLANs and routing.
- Backup and disaster recovery concepts and experience.
- Experience in developing and deploying secure infrastructure and services.
- A solid understanding of patching and update methods such as Windows Update for Business or Windows Server Update Services.
- Understanding of VMware virtualisation technologies.
- Understanding and preferably experience of firewall, remote access and VPN technologies.
Responsibilities for our Senior Infrastructure Engineers include:
- Providing an effective 2nd and 3rd line support to the internal business.
- Demonstrating ownership and taking accountability for delivery of projects.
- Provide support to the business within the defined SLA’s expected of the team.
- Provide effective 2nd and 3rd line support to the internal business service desk.
- Demonstrate ownership and take accountability for delivery of projects.
- Drive transformation to cloud technologies using Microsoft products and services.
- Collaborate effectively with team members and other departments around the business.
- Follow industry standards and best practices, especially around the security of the 4Com infrastructure.
- Work with the rest of the team and wider business to ensure the services and infrastructure provided are kept up to date and secure.
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity processes are followed and that these are tested and updated as needed on a regular basis.
- Assist the IT Manager in the creation of reports for the senior management team.
- Strive to improve our processes in all aspects of your role.
- Respond quickly to changes of direction and the demands of the business.
- Engage in self-development activities relevant to the role, helping others with this process (knowledge sharing and coaching).
A bit about us:
- 4Com Technologies Limited has been supplying phone systems to UK businesses for over 20 years. We are cutting-edge innovators, with the development of a globally unique handset, HiHi.
- We are a creative, aspirational team working together to supply telephone systems bespoke to each business with a service tailored to their needs.
- We encourage a positive, can-do spirit balanced with operational focus and competitive drive to be the best we can be.
- Our customers and those who work with us are our priority and we are ever aware of the importance that to succeed, our team need to feel motivated and happy.
- When seeking new team members, we look for open, honest, caring, and focused individuals who are keen to join a fast-paced business and contribute to its continued success.
4Com Technologies Limited is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process.