The Business Intelligence team at 4Com is responsible for driving strategy using data and insights to inform key decisions and drive business growth. Data is at the heart of what we do at 4Com, and we look to embed data analytics and dashboards into daily decision making as core drivers of competitive advantage.
We’re always looking to innovate and improve in this area and are now looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join the team.
Why Join us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you’ll receive the following:
- Salary up to £65,000.
- 30 days holiday each year (38 including bank holidays).
- Remote friendly home working (currently this is full time home working, but we would expect the norm to be 4-days home / 1-day office per week when government guidance allows).
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10-4:30) to support your work/life balance.
- An annual training budget of £4,000 so you can invest in your future.
- Home office budget – you can use up to £500 of your annual training budget to put towards improving your home office working environment.
- Costa Coffee subscription of £40 per month to keep you fuelled and provide a great opportunity to get up from your desk.
- Frequent department wide offsite social events to get everyone together, share experiences and meet up.
- A high spec smartphone which will be renewed every 2 years.
- A high spec laptop.
- A Swag Bag when you start full of 4Com & HiHi goodies.
- Monthly Quizzes and Prize draws with prizes up for grabs.
- Private medical for you and your family after 1-year service.
- Pension, death in service, cycle to work and an active culture supporting charity work.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support.
- Opportunities to get involved in local events supporting your local digital community.
- Time for Innovation where you can work on whatever you want, with whomever you want, so long as the work reflects the mission of the company and you can demo your work to others.
- Working for the winners of the 2017 Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For. We were voted top for leadership, wellbeing, fair deal, giving something back and the connection staff have with the company.
What will you be doing?
- Leadership: Provide technical leadership and expertise which guides the strategic direction of the Business Intelligence function.
- Coaching: Seek out opportunities to deliver technical training, feedback and coaching to your Business Intelligence colleagues and end users.
- Innovation: Be a champion for innovation within the BI function, ensuring BI solutions deliver value and are aligned to 4Com strategic objectives.
- Creating data pipelines which seek to move data from source systems into the databases the BI team use.
- Applying your SQL skills to prepare and shape data.
- Consulting with key stakeholders and colleagues to understand their requirements and develop BI content for them.
- Creating reports and dashboards to support business decision making.
- Confidently interpreting and analysing BI content to guide stakeholders towards actionable insight.
- Developing meaningful, efficient, and engaging BI content using data visualisation tools.
- Applying analytical rigour when developing BI content and communicating insights, trends, and conclusions to the business to support business decision making.
- Identifying data quality issues and working with the business to help fix them, so that we are always improving the quality of our data.
What skills / experience do you need?
- Strong knowledge and experience using SQL.
- Experience using a variety of ETL/ELT tools.
- Experience using data visualisation tools Microsoft Power BI, Tableau or equivalent.
- Experience translating business requirements into technical requirements.
- Experience of people management and leadership.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills are essential for this position.
4Com is a market leader in telecommunications, supplying phone systems to UK businesses for over 20 years. We are cutting-edge innovators, with the development of a globally unique handset, HiHi.
We are a creative, aspirational team working together to supply telephone systems bespoke to each business with a service tailored to their needs.
We encourage a positive, can-do spirit balanced with operational focus and competitive drive to be the best we can be. Our customers and our employees are our priority and we are ever aware of the importance that to succeed, our team need to feel motivated and happy.
When seeking new team members, we look for open, honest, caring and focused individuals who are keen to join a fast-paced business and contribute to its continued success.
4Com Technologies are based in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (avg. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com Technologies are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com Technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted based on merit, abilities, and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.