As a Senior Android Developer on the HiHi team, you will be working with our own market-leading hardware that is truly unique. We manufacture our own bespoke hardware and maintain a suite of applications to meet the needs of our customers and presents unique challenges to any developer.
4Com have been successfully selling phone systems and services to UK businesses since 1999. For the last few years we’ve been developing and manufacturing our own phone here in the UK. We are on a constant mission to be at the forefront of the fast moving telecoms world. We are not scared to make bold moves, we are certainly not a follower.
This role plays a pivotal part in being part of the future of 4Com. Every day will bring new challenges, we want our staff to bring fresh ideas, relish new challenges and push boundaries.
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a home working focussed benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- A salary of up to £75,000.
- A generous 30 Days holiday (38 incl bank holidays).
- Flexible working (core hours 10-3) to support your work/life balance.
- The opportunity for Homeworking.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support.
- An annual training budget of £4000 so you can invest in your future. Anything from subscriptions to Pluralsight, periodicals, through to attendance at international conferences.
- Time for Innovation where you can work on whatever you want, with whomever you want, so long as the work reflects the mission of the company and you can demo your work to others.
- A high spec smartphone and laptop.
- Home office budget – you can use up to £500 of your training budget to put towards improving your home office working environment.
- A Swag Bag when you start full of 4Com & HiHi goodies.
- Private medical for you and your family after 1-year service.
- Costa Coffee subscription of £40 per month to keep you fuelled and provide a great opportunity to get up from your desks.
- Frequent Department wide offsite events to get everyone together, share experiences and meet the team.
- Monthly Quizzes and Prize draws with decent prizes up for grabs.
- Opportunities to get involved in local events supporting your local digital community.
- Pension, death in service, cycle to work and an active culture supporting charity work.
What would I be doing as an Android Developer?
- Taking our concepts through development and delivering them to customers.
- Understanding the needs of the business and our customers to deliver the best product.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Investigate new technologies that would improve the product.
- Developing and maintaining our suite of apps on the HiHi device.
- Supporting and mentoring other members of the team.
And what do I need?
- Android SDK
- Android developer tools (ADB/Fastboot/QFIL).
Desirable skills include
- CodeAurora knowledge
- Experience with Linux kernel and driver development
4Com is a market leader in telecommunications, supplying phone systems to UK businesses for over 20 years. We are cutting-edge innovators, with the development of a globally unique handset, HiHi.
We are a creative, aspirational team working together to supply telephone systems bespoke to each business with a service tailored to their needs.
We encourage a positive, can-do spirit balanced with operational focus and competitive drive to be the best we can be. Our customers and our employees are our priority and we are ever aware of the importance that to succeed, our team need to feel motivated and happy.
When seeking new team members, we look for open, honest, caring and focused individuals who are keen to join a fast-paced business and contribute to its continued success.
4Com Technologies are based in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com Technologies are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com Technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.