Help us shape the future of Telecoms as a Product Owner
At 4com we’re looking for a Product Owner to work in our software development team, working with Android & .Net technologies. We’re investing heavily to realise our end to end vision of seamless communication for our Small to Medium Customer base. This challenging, yet exciting opportunity sees us delivering across H/W development on Android, software clients hosted on Mobile and Desktop platforms, right through to the backend services hosted in hybrid cloud environments. This is being designed and developed in-house.
The focus of this delivery process is to enable HiHi to expand and cope with sales, which are predicted to increase 3-fold in the next 3 years. You’ll have an influence on the development path of the products with direct feedback from end users.
Why Join Us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry.
- Starting salary of up to £55,000
- An annual training budget of £4,000
- Flexible working including working remotely. Would need to come to office a few times a month for meetings etc.
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (38 incl bank holidays)
- High spec phone / laptop
- Weekly free team breakfast or lunch
- Private healthcare for you and immediate family after 1 year
We are a fast-growing tech company and it’s a great bunch of people to work with. The culture is supportive, relaxed and high trust. We have great new build nine storey office in central Bournemouth, casual dress, a fully stocked fridge with food and drink and host events for the Bournemouth digital community.
What would I be doing?
- Heavily contribute to Vision and Program Backlog. Own team backlog and implementation.
- Own the implementation and delivery plans to ensure benefits are realised by our customers as early as possible.
- Take a lead role in planning our Program Increments.
- Gather and clarify business ideas/requirements and employ innovative approaches to develop these into design concepts.
- Take responsibility for business analysis, where the advice given, and decisions made will have a measurable impact on the profitability or effectiveness of the organisation.
- Analyse the characteristics of users and their tasks, the technical, organisational and physical environment in which products or systems will operate.
- Drive Sprint goals and Sprint content via prioritized stories. Accept Sprint increments.
- Establish story acceptance criteria, accept stories into the baseline.
- Formally assess the usability of new or existing products or services.
- Manage product releases.
- Provide training and support.
And what do I need?
- You’ll need previous experience as a Senior Product Owner or similar and will have a proven track record in the successful end to end delivery of products.
- You’ll be used to setting and managing delivery expectations with Senior Stakeholders, an accomplished communicator across multiple channels and media, with a clear and strong focus on quality outcomes for our Customers.
- You’ll put yourself in the Customers shoes to understand what the products need to do and translate these requirements into defined features for the development teams.
- You’ll have significant experience in building relationships with stakeholders and technical teams.
We are located in the centre of Bournemouth, within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (journey time is approx. 7 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com Technologies is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com Technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.