4Com are developing a range of industry leading products which will change 4Com’s position in the marketplace and the business telephone industry. This role plays a pivotal part in being part of the future of 4Com. Every day will bring new challenges, we want our staff to bring fresh ideas, relish new challenges and push boundaries.
Ideally, you will have experience working on cloud systems e.g. Azure, AWS, etc. or be very passionate about working in a heavily cloud-oriented environment. We constantly review the latest technologies to investigate how they can help. We are happy to provide training in the technologies we use daily like .NET Core 3.1 and Azure Technologies like Functions, App Services and Service Fabric. We are also using Azure DevOps and Infrastructure as Code.
Why join us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- Salary up to £55,000.
- An annual training budget of £4,000 (Anything from subscriptions to international conferences).
- Flexible working (core hours 10-3) and the option to work from home.
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (38 incl bank holidays).
- High spec smart phone and laptop.
- Private medical for you and family after 1-year service.
- Pension, death in service, cycle to work scheme, charity work, free drinks and free fruit.
What would I be doing?
- You’ll set standards for programming techniques and tools and advise on their application and ensure compliance.
- Evaluating and undertaking impact analysis on design options and/or changes.
- Advising on system design balance between functional, service quality, usability, and technical capability.
- Taking technical responsibility for the software development process.
- Assigning work to team members and monitoring performance, providing advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
- Designing, coding, testing, correcting and documenting large and/or complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Reviewing the teams work and implementing any corrective action if any issues are discovered.
4Com Technologies are based in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com Technologies are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com Technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.