In your role as a Field Quality Inspector you will work towards establishing good governance; ensuring that organisation’s policies, processes and plans are adhered too and stakeholder expectations are met, removing variation, minimising operational risk and maximising efficiency.
As a Field Quality Inspector you will be travelling to customer sites nationwide to highlight quality related issues related to field activities, with the view to improve the level of customer satisfaction and technical standards of any work carried out by field engineers.
This is predominantly field based role, however, you will be expected to work from the Bournemouth office minimum one day a week.
As a Field Quality Inspector your responsibilities will include
- Attending site post installation, to review the quality against pre-determined criteria including photographic examples of failure and staged processes.
- Completing remote install assessments using call quality standards.
- Sending weekly metrics to the field quality and compliance manager and identifying areas of improvement regarding training / procedural changes, to improve the quality of both the engineer’s output and business process.
- Having weekly meetings with the field quality and compliance manager to feedback findings.
- Taking sole responsibility of their diary management, scheduling visits to ensure achievement of the objectives set in terms of volume of visit expected per month.
- Achieving a monthly average of 40 inspections across all regions of the UK. This may increase over time but through consultation and mutual agreement.
- Identifying customers that would be suitable for 4Com to approach for promotional videos and reference sites.
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders in order to resolve issues associated with organisation performance and delivery of improved output from engineers.
- Advising and motivating relevant personal to take accountability for achieving recommended improvements in output.
- Providing factual evidence to support findings from assessments to the field quality and compliance manager and to the install management team.
Previous skills and experience required as a Field Quality Inspector:
- Experience working within a technical role (IT or Telecoms)
- Possess an aptitude for problem solving in technical environment
- Be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and reporting skills
- Be able to demonstrate a keen attention to detail
- Have a flexible approach to work and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and auditing requirements.
- Computer literacy of a standard to enable reporting .
What do you get?
- £22,000-£25,000 basic salary DOE
- Career progression opportunities across the business
- 24 days holiday + Bank holidays (increases with longevity of service)
- Pension, Death in Service & Income Protection
- Private Healthcare (after one year of service)
- Refer a friend scheme
- Charity time
- Bike to work scheme
4Com Technologies Limited is located in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com Technologies Limited is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com Technologies Limited will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.