DevOps Release Engineer.
The DevOps Release Engineer plays a critical role in the delivery of working services to our customers. You will be focused on a CI/CD approach that ensures users of the Release Solution are as self-sufficient as practicable and you will fully document and train consumers in the use of the Release Solution.
You will be proactive in identifying improvements to help assure the quality of our Releases, accurate reporting of what is deployed where, across our estate, whilst being responsible for making the solution cost-effective, efficient and reliable.
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a home working focussed benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- Salary up to £70,000.
- A generous 30 Days holiday (38 incl bank holidays).
- Flexible working (core hours 10-3) to support your work/life balance.
- The opportunity for Homeworking.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support.
- An annual training budget of £4000 so you can invest in your future. Anything from subscriptions to Pluralsight, periodicals, through to attendance at international conferences.
- Time for Innovation where you can work on whatever you want, with whomever you want, so long as the work reflects the mission of the company and you can demo your work to others.
- A high spec smartphone and laptop.
- Home office budget – you can use up to £500 of your training budget to put towards improving your home office working environment.
- A Swag Bag when you start full of 4Com & HiHi goodies.
- Private medical for you and your family after 1-year service.
- Costa Coffee subscription of £40 per month to keep you fuelled and provide a great opportunity to get up from your desks.
- Frequent Department wide offsite events to get everyone together, share experiences and meet the team.
- Monthly Quizzes and Prize draws with decent prizes up for grabs.
- Opportunities to get involved in local events supporting your local digital community.
- Pension, death in service, cycle to work and an active culture supporting charity work.
What would I be doing?
- Owning the end to end Release Management pipeline solution for DevOps, including Android, IOS, .NET, Services.
- Owning the end to end Release Management pipeline solution for infrastructure and networking spanning our hybrid cloud estate.
- Documenting and seeking approval of any adjustments/improvements to the Release Management Solution through the appropriate technical forums.
- Implementing and embedding the solution across all the technical teams, ensuring there are no single points of failure.
- Ensure the pipeline remains current and embed a culture of continual improvement and self-service across all stakeholders.
- Provide appropriate reporting on versions and releases across our various environments.
- We currently use a combination of Azure DevOps, BitBucket, Octopus, TeamCity, TerraForm, Ansible, etc to manage our builds and Release Train, experience in these is of particular interest.
4Com is a market leader in telecommunications, supplying phone systems to UK businesses for over 20 years. We are cutting-edge innovators, with the development of a globally unique handset, HiHi.
We are a creative, aspirational team working together to supply telephone systems bespoke to each business with a service tailored to their needs.
We encourage a positive, can-do spirit balanced with operational focus and competitive drive to be the best we can be. Our customers and our employees are our priority and we are ever aware of the importance that to succeed, our team need to feel motivated and happy.
When seeking new team members, we look for open, honest, caring and focused individuals who are keen to join a fast-paced business and contribute to its continued success.
4Com Technologies is based in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com Technologies is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com Technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.