4Com are developing a range of industry leading products which will change 4Com’s position in the marketplace and the business telephone industry. This role plays a pivotal part in being part of the future of 4Com. Every day will bring new challenges, we want our staff to bring fresh ideas, relish new challenges and push boundaries.
We are looking for an Automation Tester to develop the testing frameworks and, where appropriate, will introduce new test tools with the goal to automate as much of the testing process as possible. The software tester will be proactive in identifying improvements to help assure the quality of our products, whilst being responsible for making testing methods efficient and reliable.
Why join us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a remote working focussed benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- A salary of up to £50,000.
- A generous 30 Days holiday (38 incl bank holidays).
- Flexible working (core hours 10-3) to support your work/life balance.
- The opportunity for Homeworking.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support.
- An annual training budget of £4000 so you can invest in your future. Anything from subscriptions to Pluralsight, periodicals, through to attendance at international conferences.
- Time for Innovation where you can work on whatever you want, with whomever you want, so long as the work reflects the mission of the company and you can demo your work to others.
- A high spec smartphone and laptop.
- Home office budget – you can use up to £500 of your training budget to put towards improving your home office working environment.
- A Swag Bag when you start full of 4Com & HiHi goodies.
- Private medical for you and your family after 1-year service.
- Costa Coffee subscription of £40 per month to keep you fuelled and provide a great opportunity to get up from your desks.
- Frequent Department wide offsite events to get everyone together, share experiences and meet the team.
- Monthly Quizzes and Prize draws with decent prizes up for grabs.
- Opportunities to get involved in local events supporting your local digital community.
- Pension, death in service, cycle to work and an active culture supporting charity work.
What would I be doing as an Automation Tester?
- Working with the development team and Product Owners to take user requirements and produce test scenarios – covering both expected and unexpected behaviour, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Establish a consistent testing framework and tool chain over multiple software apps.
- Writing and maintaining automated test scripts.
- Writing and maintaining a Regression Test Suite.
- Integrating scripts with the development pipeline.
- Where required completing manual testing.
- Creating and maintaining suitable test environments.
- Reporting test results and managing defects.
- Where required working directly with users on UAT.
- Testing failover scenarios.
- Testing performance and load.
- Mentoring other junior QA team members.
And what do I need?
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience in test automation, ideally using languages such as C# or Java.
- Experience in automating tests using automation tools such as Specflow, Selenium (or other).
- Experience in creating and maintaining test plans.
- Be able to hit the ground running and be proactive in exploring new techniques and new ways of working.
- A positive attitude with the ability to work well within our development teams.
- Great communication and organisational skills with a natural problem-solving mindset.
4Com is a market leader in telecommunications, supplying phone systems to UK businesses for over 20 years. We are cutting-edge innovators, with the development of a globally unique handset, HiHi.
We are a creative, aspirational team working together to supply telephone systems bespoke to each business with a service tailored to their needs.
We encourage a positive, can-do spirit balanced with operational focus and competitive drive to be the best we can be. Our customers and our employees are our priority and we are ever aware of the importance that to succeed, our team need to feel motivated and happy.
When seeking new team members, we look for open, honest, caring and focused individuals who are keen to join a fast-paced business and contribute to its continued success.
Getting here if office based
4Com Technologies are based in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com Technologies are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com Technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.