4Com are developing a range of industry leading products which will change 4Com’s position in the marketplace and the business telephone industry. This role plays a pivotal part in being part of the future of 4Com. Every day will bring new challenges, we want our staff to bring fresh ideas, relish new challenges and push boundaries.
As part of a Development team, you will help to build the software and services used by our customers, as well as our market-leading business phone, the HiHi. Our team members are motivated, critical thinkers who have a keen interest in troubleshooting and getting to know the inner processes of complex systems, whilst working in collaboration with other teams across the business.
Why join us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a remote friendly package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- A salary of up to £90,000.
- A generous 30 Days holiday (38 incl bank holidays).
- Flexible working (core hours 10-3) to support your work/life balance.
- The opportunity for Homeworking.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support.
- An annual training budget of £4000 so you can invest in your future. Anything from subscriptions to Pluralsight, periodicals, through to attendance at international conferences.
- Time for Innovation where you can work on whatever you want, with whomever you want, so long as the work reflects the mission of the company and you can demo your work to others.
- A high spec smartphone and laptop.
- Home office budget – you can use up to £500 of your training budget to put towards improving your home office working environment.
- A Swag Bag when you start full of 4Com & HiHi goodies.
- Private medical for you and your family after 1-year service.
- Costa Coffee subscription of £40 per month to keep you fuelled and provide a great opportunity to get up from your desks.
- Frequent Department wide offsite events to get everyone together, share experiences and meet the team.
- Monthly Quizzes and Prize draws with decent prizes up for grabs.
- Opportunities to get involved in local events supporting your local digital community.
- Pension, death in service, cycle to work and an active culture supporting charity work.
What would I be responsible for?
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management.
- Be a key part of the R&D Management team to work with peers and Software Development Director.
- Be responsible for team activities such as resourcing, objectives and appraisals.
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you will engage with.
- Be knowledgeable about each member of your team, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness, whilst translating each of their behaviours into clear tasks and objectives to improve their individual performance.
- Maintain high standards of quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Line management of an agile development team consisting of Developers and Software Testers.
- Take part in the design of software and services to develop highly reliable and usable software for the business, using the appropriate methodologies, patterns, notation and best practices.
- Ensure deployments are co-ordinated with any other teams and are done in a safe way with proper planning.
- Investigate new technology, frameworks and patterns, and work closely with CTO.
- Write efficient, maintainable code and test coverage that contributes towards the business’ goals and a desirable user experience.
4Com is a market leader in telecommunications, supplying phone systems to UK businesses for over 20 years. We are cutting-edge innovators, with the development of a globally unique handset, HiHi.
We are a creative, aspirational team working together to supply telephone systems bespoke to each business with a service tailored to their needs.
We encourage a positive, can-do spirit balanced with operational focus and competitive drive to be the best we can be. Our customers and our employees are our priority and we are ever aware of the importance that to succeed, our team need to feel motivated and happy.
When seeking new team members, we look for open, honest, caring and focused individuals who are keen to join a fast-paced business and contribute to its continued success.
Getting here if office based
4Com Technologies are based in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com Technologies are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com Technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.