As a Senior Android Developer on the HiHi team, you will be working with our own market-leading hardware that is truly unique. We manufacture our own bespoke hardware and maintain a suite of applications to meet the needs of our customers and presents unique challenges to any developer.
This role plays a pivotal part in being part of the future of 4Com. Every day will bring new challenges, we want our staff to bring fresh ideas, relish new challenges and push boundaries.
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- A competitive salary.
- An annual training budget of £4,000 (Anything from subscriptions to international conferences).
- Flexible working (core hours 10-3) and the option to work from home.
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (38 incl bank holidays).
- High spec smart phone and laptop.
- Private medical for you and family after 1-year service.
- Pension, death in service, cycle to work scheme, charity work, free drinks and free fruit.
What would I be doing as an Android Developer?
- Taking our concepts through development and delivering them to customers.
- Understanding the needs of the business and our customers to deliver the best product.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Investigate new technologies that would improve the product.
- Developing and maintaining our suite of apps on the HiHi device.
- Supporting and mentoring other members of the team.
And what do I need?
- Android SDK
- Android developer tools (ADB/Fastboot/QFIL).
Desirable skills include
- CodeAurora knowledge
- Experience with linux kernel and driver development
- Knowledge of Qualcomm Snapdragon platform
4Com Technologies are based in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
4Com Technologies are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com Technologies will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.