Why would I want to be a Voice / Unified Communications Engineer at 4Com?
- We’re investing heavily into building and growing our IP telephony products. This role offers exposure to challenging projects and new technologies.
- Salary up £35,000 dependent on experience
- On the job training / external training opportunities.
- Casual dress and relaxed office environment
- Companywide incentives including free lunches, £500 vouchers and more
- Team social and charity events outside of work.
- Benefits including flexitime, pension and healthcare
- Working for the winners of The 2017 Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For. We were voted top for leadership, wellbeing, fair deal, giving something back and the connection staff have with the company (and a ping pong table, a pool table, nerf guns and a fully stocked drink cabinet).
What would I be doing?
- Development, Deployment, Integration and Testing of new Voice and Video products and services.
- Maintenance and in-life changes to existing UC infrastructure.
- Diagnosing and Debugging of service/system issues to identify causes and solutions in a timely manner.
- Proactive monitoring of the platform and highlight any issues.
- Work closely with Engineering and Development teams in line with your responsibilities.
- Responsible to perform all the duties of the role on an “as needed” basis to ensure SLA’s and customer expectations are met.
- Develop documentation related to services, procedures and processes
- Liaise with Suppliers and Third Parties.
And what do I need?
- Good understanding of various Voice and Video protocols.
- A good understanding of SIP
- Good understanding of Unified Communications platforms in general.
- Good Understanding of Voice and Data Networks.
- Experience in working on Linux based Operating Systems. Shell Scripting would be a bonus.
- Good Team Player.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Understanding of Agile working methodology would be advantageous.
- Ability to prioritise work.
If you want to love your job and the people you work with apply today. You’ll not find anywhere else like it.
4Com plc is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com plc will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.