Help us shape the future of telecoms as a Linux Sys Admin. We’re working on a range of products that are changing how businesses in the UK communicate. As we move into the next phase of our plan, we’re looking for Linux Sys Admins to join us at our new Head Office in central Bournemouth.
Why Join Us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- An annual training budget of £4,000
- Agile working, including flexi hours & a day per week to work from home
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (plus bank holidays)
- High spec iPhone/Samsung phone
- Weekly free team breakfast or lunch
We are a fast growing tech company and it’s a great bunch of people to work with. The culture is supportive, relaxed and high-trust. We have great new offices in central Bournemouth, casual dress, a fully stocked fridge with food and drink and host events for the Bournemouth digital community.
What would I be doing?
- As part of a team you will be responsible to maintain and manage HiHi’s Linux server estate.
- Working with Voice and Video engineers and supporting them.
- Development, Deployment, Integration and Testing of new Voice and Video products and services.
- Maintenance and in-life changes to existing UC infrastructure.
- Diagnosing and Debugging of service/system issues to identify causes and solutions in a timely manner.
- Proactive monitoring of the platform and highlight any issues.
- Work closely with Engineering and Development teams in line with your responsibilities.
- Responsible to perform all the duties of the role on an “as needed” basis to ensure SLA’s and customer expectations are met.
- Develop documentation related to services, procedures and processes.
- Liaise with Suppliers and Third Parties.
And what do I need?
- 3+ years experience as a Linux Systems Administrator managing Linux servers.
- An understanding of various Voice and Video protocols and networks.
- Experience working with VM Ware and cloud providers like AWS, Azure etc.
- Willingness to cross train into other technical areas.
- Good Team Player.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Understanding of Agile working methodology would be advantageous.
- Ability to prioritise work.
If you want to love your job and the people you work with apply today. You’ll not find anywhere else like it.
4Com plc is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com plc will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.