4Com aims to be on the front foot when it comes to providing thought leadership, data analysis, forecasting and driving business performance. We’re looking for a Head of BI to drive forward our Business Intelligence team. The immediate focus of the role will be on the following projects:
- Recruiting a top-class BI team.
- Data quality improvements and monitoring.
- Data hydration from 3rd party sources.
- Warehousing, automation and self-serve data.
What will you be doing?
- Ownership of the overall BI function within 4Com, including the strategy and technical methodology used to deliver BI content to all areas of the business.
- Proactively respond to business challenges and identify opportunities to drive value from data.
- Develop and maintain BI the roadmap, ensuring that all projects are aligned with strategic themes as defined by the board.
- Participate and actively contribute to decision-making around data strategy and ensure adequate communication, training and support are provided to stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- Oversee the definition, planning, and commercial agreements for new BI initiatives.
- Growing and mentoring the BI team to ensure we are providing excellent data insight and keeping up with the increasing need for data driven decision making.
What skills / experience do you need?
- Proven management experience in a MI/BI related role, working with C-level executives.
- Solid understanding of key BI trends and technology.
- The ability to articulate vision, manage cultural change and successfully deliver complex projects
- Organised, objective and strategic approach to workload management, scheduling and prioritisation.
- Extensive experience with data analytics and data visualisation, with a clear understanding of the various ways in which data can be leveraged to provide commercial and operational insight (measurement, governance, escalation, forecasting, modelling).
- Solid understanding of DBMS systems, SQL, structured data storage terminology and ETL/Data warehousing approaches.
- Experience with data manipulation and visualisation applications like Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik or Sisense.
- Excellent SQL skills, to include shaping and manipulation of data prior to analysis.
- Experience in agile software development, ideally in an MI/BI environment.
- Familiarity with Azure (Data Factory, HDInsight), HDFS or other big data frameworks.
- Advanced experience with Excel, PowerQuery and SSMS.
- Familiarity with extracting and manipulating data for analysis from multiple silos held in CRM, billing, finance and ERP systems.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Salary of £60,000 – £70,000
- Companywide incentives including free lunches, £500 vouchers and more.
- Team social and charity events inside and outside of work.
- Working for the winners of The 2017 Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For. We were voted top for leadership, wellbeing, fair deal, giving something back and the connection staff have with the company (and a ping pong table, a pool table, nerf guns and a fully stocked drink cabinet).
4Com plc is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com plc will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.