Help us shape the future of telecoms as a Senior Android Developer
We’re working on a range of products that are changing how businesses in the UK communicate. As we move into the next phase of our plan, we’re looking for additional Android Developers to join us at our new Head Office in central Bournemouth.
Why Join Us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- An annual training budget of £4,000
- Agile working, including flexi hours & a day per week to work from home
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (plus bank holidays)
- High spec iPhone/Samsung phone
- Weekly free team breakfast or lunch
We are a fast growing tech company and it’s a great bunch of people to work with. The culture is supportive, relaxed and high-trust. We have great new offices in central Bournemouth, casual dress, a fully stocked fridge with food and drink and host events for the Bournemouth digital community.
What would I be doing?
- Write efficient, maintainable code and test coverage that contributes towards the business’ goals and a desirable user experience.
- Demonstrate ownership and take accountability for the development and delivery of our products and services.
- Participate in and support our chosen software development methodology and related team activities and ceremonies.
- Collaborate effectively with team members, Product Owners, stakeholders and other business functions.
- Help the team to create achievable plans with well defined, measurable success criteria.
- Perform software testing activities, investigations and trouble-shooting to ensure the ongoing quality of new and existing products.
- Respond constructively to changes of direction and the demands of the business.
- Strive to embed continuous improvement in all aspects of your role.
- Contribute towards building a self-organised team.
- Engage in self-development activities relevant to the role, helping others with this process (knowledge sharing and coaching).
- Follow industry standards and best practices.
And what do I need?
A solid understanding of Android development – Delivered and released applications either commercially or independently
Good knowledge of accepted software design patterns and best practices
Agile experience is desirable.
Desirable: Experience utilising other languages like .NET, C, Java, iOS.
4Com plc is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and 4Com plc will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.