Further to the recent communication informing all our network customers of the Anti-Fraud Protection being applied to your lines please read all the details below before making a final decision about opting out from this service. The opt out form is found at the bottom of this page.
Telephony Fraud is Organised Crime: How Does It Happen?
The UK is the third most targeted country in the world for telephony fraud and telephone hacking. Fraudsters hack into your PBX (Private Branch Exchange), normally out of office hours, and gain access to your phone system in seconds. They use advanced software packages to crack pass codes and bypass firewalls.
Once inside your system, hackers use it to route unauthorised and illegal calls to any location in the world. The stolen call time is sold on as legitimate call time in the form of calling cards and low-priced calling tariffs. In almost all cases there is a link to organised criminal gangs purporting to be legitimate businesses.
To help explain this issue further, ITSPA (The Internet Service Providers Association) have created this video. It explains the types of hacking that frequently occur, why they happen, and what can be done about them.
Anti-Fraud Protection – Protection Against Telephony Fraud Losses
- Full protection against losses caused by telephony fraud and telephone hacking should your system be subject to unauthorised external access.
- Cover for up to £10,000 worth of fraudulent calls in any one month.
- Peace of mind that your business is FULLY PROTECTED from hackers.
Hacking Could Cost You a Small Fortune
Figures from the Communications Fraud Control Association’s (CFCA) Telecoms Fraud Survey 2011 indicate that:
- Telephony fraud accounts for worldwide business losses of over £25.5 billion.
- The United Kingdom is the third most targeted country in the world.
- Telephony fraud in the UK costs businesses £1.2 billion each year.
- 98% of ALL operators surveyed said that fraud losses had increased or stayed the same – an 8% increase from 2008.
Opt Out Form
To opt out of this service please print and fill in the form available at the link below:
then send it in a stamped addressed envelope to:
4Com Network Services, Anti-Fraud Protection Department, One Lansdowne Plaza, 24 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3NE.